Is your company struggling to generate more high quality leads for your sales team? If you answered yes, you are not alone, in fact, you are in the majority of organizations that name their biggest marketing challenge as generating high quality leads for their sales team.
It’s worth noting that the net change between 2009 and 2010 is substantial with an increase of 9% in organizations naming high quality lead generation as their biggest marketing challenge. That year over year comparison is even more interesting because many organizations reported increased bookings as the economy improved after the 2008 economic implosion.
Lead Generation: Some Potential Factors Causing the Storm
1) Reliance on traditional marketing programs
2) Refusing to invest in the corporate web presence, blog and social media programs in light of irrefutable data points
3) Advances in technology allowing prospects to block out unwanted offers, outreach, and communications from vendors
4) The marketing database is not segmented by buyer persona
5) Content pieces have not been mapped out to match the stages of the typical prospect journey through the marketing and sales funnel
Lead Generation: How to Take The First Steps to Solve the Challenge
The first thing to do is to keep/start fighting the good fight and stay the change agent within your organization. Gather relevant, irrefutable research and data points that detail the shifts in prospect buying behaviors. Here is a handy powerpoint template on the marketing transformation shift to help you out. Then show how your competitors stack up in terms of their web presence, blog and social media sites. You can use HubSpot’s free Website Grader tool to help you grab the necessary data points super quick. Once you have the data and the presentation in place you have the motivating factors to get sales and marketing leadership to take action.
- Lead Generation – How to Fill the Sales Funnel Like a Pro [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Google Adapts Search Platform: What Effect Will it Have on B2B Lead Generation
- Sales and Marketing Alignment: Why are Most Organizations Dysfunctional?
- Demand Generation and Inbound Marketing – Is There Really a Difference?
- Should Leads be Inbound, Outbound or Both? Unified Demand Generation